Open Positions: Product Manager
Westborough, MA (50% travel required)
GenomeQuest is seeking a Product Manager to join our fast-growing company in one of the world’s most exciting fields — applied genomics in life sciences.
JOB DUTIES/POSITION DESCRIPTION:
- Will be responsible for managing the successful design and customization of the GenomeQuest product for use by customers.
- Will develop the product vision and roadmap, write functional specifications, lead design reviews, provide guidance to developers, and test software.
- Will design and build workflows both for customers and the core product by creating Statements of Work, ensuring accurate costing of proposed customer development projects, and managing technical resources to ensure accurate and on-time delivery.
- Will be responsible for customer pre-sales and post-sales support and the design and delivery of complex customer projects, including technical presentations, development of project proposals, training, managing customer evaluations, communicating new product features and following up with the customer.
- Will act as the outward facing voice of the company in the bioinformatics field for GenomeQuest’s customers and prospects.
- Will evaluate market needs and trends on an ongoing basis through conference attendance, customer interactions, and trade press.
- Must be willing and able to travel in the U.S. and throughout Europe up to 50% of the time.
- Master’s degree in Biology, Bioinformatics, or a related field. Will accept foreign degree.
- Five years of experience in bioinformatics or life science research.
- Three years of experience in Next Generation Sequencing.
- Three years of experience with GenomeQuest’s bioinformatics tools and applications.
- Three years of experience supporting sequence search for IP.
- Must be proficient in Shell, Perl and Biofacet programming languages.
- Must have outstanding customer service and communication skills.
Email your resume and cover letter to